To ensure your label sticks, we strongly recommend you test a sample label.
My label is applied at room temperature but needs to go in a chiller/freezer do I need a special adhesive?
Not usually, most standard permanent adhesive can go down to -20deg Celcius.
I've got trouble with my labels falling off my container, do I need a special adhesive?
Possibly yes. There are many things that could be causing this, here are a few things to check...
My label is going outside will this have an implication on the type of adhesive?
- The composition of the container can affect the ultimate strength of the label adhesive. Labels made of like material to the container stick better and are more compatible for recycling.
- Plastics containing plasticisers (softeners) will degrade the adhesive bond strength. Certain colours can also have more plasticisers than others.
- Where possible, avoid sticking your label to a curved surface.
- What temperature is the container when the label is adhered, it may too cold or too hot for the adhesive type you have.
- Will your label withstand spillage from the contents of the container? High levels of humidity, moisture or sun light can also affect the adhesive bond of your label. What surface temperature will the container be exposed to over it's life cycle? Keep in mind the length of your products life cycle and the service temperature of the product, as they help to identify the most suitable and economical label material.
Yes and the facestock too. Please let us know how long you would like your label to last outside.
I want my label to come off later without leaving a residue, what adhesive do I need? You will need a removable adhesive and possibly a synthetic face stock, depending of the surface the label is being adhered to.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements further, we are likely to ask the following questions to provide the right material to trial
WHAT FACE STOCK?
- Paper or Synthetic
- Gloss or Matt or Fluorescent
WHAT SORT OF ADHESIVE?
- Permanent (Chiller) or Removable or Freezer
WHAT TEMPERATURE DO THE LABELS NEED TO WITHSTAND?
- Application Temperature
- Service Temperature
NB// If applied at room temperature most permanent adhesives can be chilled/frozen down to -20deg Celcius.
WHAT ARE THE LABELS ADHERING TO?
- Corrugated Carton
- Metal / Glass
HOW ARE THE LABELS STORED AND SHIPPED?
- Are labels stored or shipped in a way that the labels are in contact with other labels?
IN ITS LIFE CYCLE WHAT DOES THE LABEL NEED TO WITHSTAND?
- Will the label be in contact with the contents of the container?
- Will the label be washed or in contact with any chemicals?